(See also the attached flyer)
The course is intended for epidemiologists and statisticians who wish to use R (www.r-project.org<http://www.
The course will be mainly practically oriented with more than half the time at the computer.
* History of R. Language. Objects. Functions.
* Interface to other data formats. Data frames.
* Tabulation of data.
* Logistic regression for case-control-studies.
* Poisson regression for follow-up studies.
* Causal inference.
* Parametrization of models.
* Graphics in R.
* Graphical reporting of results.
* Time-splitting & Standardized Mortality Ratios.
* Survival analysis and competing risks.
* Multi-state models.
* Nested and matched case-control studies.
* Case-cohort studies.
Department of Mathematical Statistics
University of Tartu
J. Liivi 2,
EE - 50409 Tartu
Price: 550 EUR for academic participants, 800 EUR for non-academic participants
- Includes tuition, course material, lunches, coffee breaks and social events (welcome cocktail and course dinner).
- Excludes travels, accommodation, and other meals
The course is a self-supporting entity, and there are NO grants or stipends available for travel or participation.
Registration: Send an e-mail which briefly states your qualifications in epidemiology and statistics to the organizers
* Bendix Carstensen: BxC@steno.dk<mailto:BxC@steno.
* Esa Läärä: Esa.Laara@oulu.fi<mailto:Esa.
* Krista Fischer: Krista.Fischer@ut.ee<mailto:Kr
Deadline for application: 1st April 2014.
Further information to applicants will be given by e-mail shortly after the deadline.
Course homepage: http://BendixCarstensen.com/